Neon signs are all over NYC signaling laundry service, nail salons, and a soft glow of reassurance that yes, your favorite neighborhood bodega is open.
But popping up in coffee shops, bars, and restaurants are versions that are anything but utilitarian, begging to be Instagrammed.
On feeds being taken over by flatlays and fresh-pressed juice held up in front of [fill-in-the-blank interesting background], neon signs are a nice change of pace.
Here's where you can find some of the coolest neon signs in all of NYC and depending on the spot, a drink and some munchies while you're at it.
Get those filters ready.
1. Baker's Pizza (201 Avenue A)
Grab a slice and while you're at it get a 'gram of this pink pizza slice of your dreams.
2. Angel of Harlem (2272 Frederick Douglass Boulevard - Harlem)
Go for the 'Gram, stay for the food.
3. Kirsh Bakery & Kitchen (551 Amsterdam Avenue)
Half-café, half restaurant, Kirsh makes it own pastries and bread that'll have you saying exactly that while you're there.
4. The Garret Bar East (206 Avenue A)
Even if you show up at The Garret fresh from a bad day, you won't leave feeling like you had one.
5. Brother Jimmy's BBQ (116 East 16th Street)
Honestly, can we all just agree to live by this motto?
6. PH-D Rooftop Lounge (355 West 16th Street)
Just a reminder that we're all in this big city of dreams together trying to make it.
7. Paradise at Bookmarc (400 Bleecker Street)
The Marc Jacobs-owned Bookmarc is a fashionable book lover's paradise, which was probably the inspiration for this sign that faces the street.
9. Leave Rochelle Out of It (205 Chrystie Street)
Okay, so maybe leave Rochelle out of it, but don't leave without a snap of this sign.
10. The Monster Cycle (182 Lafayette Street)
For when you're feeling...you know.
11. Belle Shoals (10 Hope Street - Brooklyn)
The Southern-inspired comfort food spot Belle Shoals has not one but two signs for your Instagramming pleasure.
[Feature Image Courtesy Instagram]