April is really the last hurrah of indoor concerts before the outdoor festivals soak up the majority of the amazing acts into one sunny stage or another every weekend in each region for the next number of months.
Fortunately, there are some huge acts playing this month in New York City, and many two or three-night runs in a bunch of great venues-- like Pink Floyd's David Gilmour rocking MSG on the 11th and 12th.
With all the rumors regarding Axl Rose joining AC/DC for their tour, we have to wonder what'll happen at AC/DC's show at Madison Square Garden. It's not canceled, but it is postponed, so stay tuned.
The New Mastersounds have three nights at Brooklyn Bowl in the middle of the month. Turkuaz also has a three night run at the Bowl, with Chromatropic, lespecial, and Sidewalk Chalk.
But to kick it off right Erykah Badu is spinning a DJ set on April 2nd at the Bowl in memory of Phife Dawg.
Now, the Melvins are playing two shows; one at Music Hall of Williamsburg and one at Webster Hall in the Grand Ballroom. Try to catch both?
Terminal 5 is hot this month, offering up three sold out nights of newly reunited WEEN. But fear not, we have the hookup in the ticket links below. White Denim will be at Bowery Ballroom for two sold out nights, but we have tickets for that too!
1. Erykah Badu (DJ Lo Down Loretta Brown) 4/2 - Brooklyn Bowl
Limited Admission at the Door
2. Andrew Bird 4/8 - Terminal 5
With Chromatropic; lespecial; Sidewalk Chalk
4. The Avett Brothers 4/8 - MSG
With Brandi Carlile
5. Jimkata 4/9 - Rough Trade NYC
Special Guests To Be Announced
9. Journey & Santana 4/13 - MSG
10. Melvins 4/14 - Music Hall of Williamsburg
With Napalm Death
11. Melvins 4/15 - Webster Hall
13. Marco Benevento 4/16 - Music Hall of Williamsburg
14. Antibalas with Special Guest John Medeski 4/20 - Brooklyn Bowl