It seems that every New Yorker has an insane Hamptons story... or four. Just admit it at this point, everyone's story out East has ended (at one time or another) in complete and utter disaster.
It also seems that the Hamptons are a place where New York City folks run wild. (It might be something in the air, but who really knows?)
I'm sure all of us still cherish those great memories of Hamptons summers past-- whether it be those crazy daytime parties, wild house parties, or ragin' nightclub memories.
But with those memories come a ton of bad experiences, fall-outs, and breakups.
That being said, it's time to drop the mic on the Hamptons and explain why it's become completely overrated.
Here are 16 reasons. (P.S., if you're staying local this summer, check this out.)
1. If you think the Hamptons are an escape from NYC, wrong. Same people, same stories
2. People dress like Ralph Lauren threw up on them
3. Bugs, everywhere
4. In fact, there are more social climbers than there are bugs
5. Nightclubs have no A/C
6. Beaches are packed
7. Lobster rolls are completely overpriced
8. It seems like the Rosé always runs dry at the most inconvenient of times
9. If you don't drive yourself, there's absolutely no escaping
10. Everyone always ends up in a fight
11. When the party favors run out, it's game over
12. Meals are constantly skipped in favor of booze
13. There are raccoons... everywhere
14. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to get anywhere
15. You always come back to NYC not talking to at least one person you went out East with
16.Girls get super territorial about where they are staying (and with who)