It's over. The Meadows. The Roots picnic. Gov Ball, Panorama, Lollapalooza―it's done. It's all done. It's all over with. Festival season, complete with its underage, wildly obnoxious drunk kids, is over.
But that just means outdoor music is finished. That's not accounting for all of the incredible music that―let's face it, was always already happening―goes down indoors.
October is LIT!
That's no joke. You can get down with intimate shows for Cobi, Father John Misty, CHVRCHES, and Sigur Ros, or you can lose your mind with Drake & Future, Sum 41 & Senses Fail, or two nights of Local Natives.
Also, Billy Joel's back at MSG at the end of the month, and there's the absurd Power 105.1 Powerhouse that's going to be legit amazing.
Regardless, this month is an incredible one for music, especially considering we had our hands full the first weekend with The Meadows and The Roots Picnic.
1. Sigur Ros - 10/5 (Radio City Music Hall)
2. Crystal Castles - 10/6 (Warsaw)
Sorry, fam. Sh*t's sold out.
3. The Mowglis & Dreamers - 10/7 (Bowery Ballroom)
4. Green Day - 10/8 (Webster Hall)
5. Father John Misty talks with Matthew Trammel - 10/8 (Gramercy Theatre)
6. Charlie Puth - 10/9 (Beacon Theatre)
7. Norah Jones - 10/10-13 (Loreto Theater at the Sheen Center)
8. Cobi - 10/11 (The Highline Ballroom)
9. Drake & Future - 10/11-12 (Barclays Center)
10. Sum 41 & Senses Fail - 10/14 (Playstation Theater)
12. Lupe Fiasco - 10/18 (B.B. King Blues Club & Grill)
13. Rae Sremmurd & Lil Yachty - 10/19 (Playstation Theater)
14. Saint Motel - 10/21 (Webster Hall)
15. Phantogram - 10/22 (Hammerstein Ballroom)
16. Deerhunter - 10/24 (Webster Hall)
17. Local Natives & Charlotte Day Wilson 10/25 & 26th (Terminal 5)
18. Power 105.1 Powerhouse - 10/27 (Barclays Center)
Usher, Bryson Tiller, Wiz Khalifa, Tory Lanez, Fat Joe, Remy Ma, Desiigner, and Young M.A?! Pfffffftttt! GTFO!
19. Billy Joel - 10/28 (MSG)
20. Highly Suspect - 10/29 (Irving Plaza)
[Feature Image Courtesy Instagram]