Make sure your Nonnina isn't around to hear about this one.
The alleged "Chipotle of pizza" is coming to the pizza capital of the nation this spring!
Williamsburg and Greenwich Village residents will soon get to embark on a unique pizza adventure at Pieology.
We've all had that moment when we 're standing at the pizza counter trying to decide the impossible task of which toppings to get on our slice. And then we realize we can only get maybe 3 of them until the employee gets pissed...
At this pizza spot, you won't have that problem.
Pieology is taking the wildly popular "create your own" idea and applying it to personal pies. The process goes a little something like this:
1. Choose your crust. (House-made white, House-made whole wheat, Gluten-free)
2. Choose your sauce. (House Red, 3-Cheese Alfredo, Herb Butter, Olive Oil, Fiery Buffalo, Pesto, BBQ
3. Choose your cheeses & meats. (Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan, Feta, Gorgonzola, Daiya® Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Sausage, Meatball, Canadian Bacon, All-Natural Bacon, All-Natural Chicken, Spicy All-Natural Chicken)
4. Top it off. (Black Olives, Mushrooms, Red Onions, Green Peppers, Artichokes, Garlic, Pineapple, Jalapeños, Corn, Kalamata Olives, Fresh Cilantro, Spinach, Banana Peppers, Fresh Basil, Grape Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers)
5. Add an after bake. (Pesto, BBQ, House Red, Fiery Buffalo)
Are ya'll seriously comprehending the idea that this is unlimited?? You can literally get whatever topping you want for one flat price. Although if you want your pie to cook through, we suggest not stretching your imagination that far.
But if unlimited seems just a little too unlimited for you, they have their own creations for you to try out too.
Prices hover around $9 a pie at their other locations, but knowing our beautiful expensive city, it'll probz be a couple dollars above that.
Pieology will open its first store in a retail condo at 168 Bleecker Street. The next will be inside a brand new rental unit at 285 Broadway in Williamsburg.
And until we get our much anticipated Pizza ATMs, Pieology will have to do for our quickest personal pie fix.[via Gothamist] [Feature Image Courtesy Instagram]