To the single women of New York City, Valentine's Day can be a pretty despicable and dreaded day-- and even more detestable for those who are newly single.
There's countless things to do in the big city to make this holiday a regular day, especially for those who want to hurl at the couples parading their love in the form of generic red roses and bad tasting chocolates.
No worries, I got you, girls. This day is about you and embracing your fabulous single life with your single girlfriends.
This is about Gal-entine's Day, also known as love for your girlfriends day. Here are 32 things that are better than a boyfriend on Valentines Day.
1. Taking a SoulCycle class
2. Staring at your smoking hot SoulCycle instructor
3. A bottomless mimosa brunch with your besties
4. Netflix... evidently
5. Not spending money you don't have on tacky pink gifts and cringeworthy teddy bears
6. Red wine
7. Going out with your other fabulous single girlfriends to tear up the city's nightlife
9. Chocolate. Not the Hershey's kisses kind. #IDFWU
10. Happy hour at any dive bar in East Village (you know you want to get ratchet)
11. Dinner with your closest friends at a cool fondue spot on the LES
12. White wine
13. Nutella crêpes from Yorkville Crêperie on the UES
14. Hitting the nail salon for a mani/pedi. There are so many package deals in the city, how could you resist?
15. Watching a gory movie at The Regal or 50 Shades of Grey, it's your call
16. A strong coffee from La Colombe